How to import Product Data from CS-Cart Version 1.3.4-SP3 into CS-Cart Version 2.0
If you need to import product data from CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3 to CS-Cart version 2.0, follow the instructions below:
1. Export product data from CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3:
- Sign in the administration panel of your CS-Cart version 1.3.4-SP3 store;
- Go to the Catalog side box on the left;
- Follow the link Export catalog in the Catalog side box;
- Specify the following settings:
- If you don't want to export product images, disable the Export images option;
- Specify a delimiter for CSV file in the CSV delimiter select box;
- Click the Export button under the CSV delimiter option;
- Save CSV file to your local computer.
2. The saved file should contain only the column names supported by version 2.0. In order to do this change the following things:
- With a spreadsheet application (e.g. MS Office Excel or OpenOffice Calc) open the CSV file.
- Remove the following columns together with all contained data:
product_id product_type length width height low_avail_limit
product_code -> Product code avail -> Available manufacturer_id -> Manufacturer list_price -> List price amount -> Quantity min_amount -> Min quantity weight -> Weight shipping_freight -> Shipping freight is_edp edp_shipping -> Ship downloadable tracking -> Inventory tracking free_shipping -> Free shipping feature_comparison -> Feature comparison zero_price_action -> Zero price action price -> Price product -> Product name short_description -> Short description full_description -> Description meta_keywords -> Meta keywords meta_description -> Meta description page_title -> Page title main_category -> Category thumbnail -> Thumbnail detailed_image -> Detailed image
3. The changed file should be imported to CS-Cart 2.0 version.
To import file to CS-Cart 2.0 version read the article How to import products to CS-Cart store