How to set up an order status
In order to set up an order status in CS-Cart version 2.1.x, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in your administration panel;
- Go to the Orders tab;
- Click on the Order statuses link;
- Clicking on the Add status button will open Add new status window;
- Fill in the following fields in it:
- Name – type the name of the status;
- Status – choose a status identification letter in the drop-down list;
- E-mail subject – type the text which will be the subject of the email notification about the order with this status;
- E-mail header – type the text you want to be displayed in the email notification about the order with the status;
- Notify customer – tick this check box in case you want to notify the customer about placing the order with this status or changing the order information;
- Notify orders department - tick this check box if you want to notify the store administrator about placing the order with this status.
- The Inventory option helps to manage the stock depending on the order status. You can choose one of the following options in this select box:
- Increase – means that the product number will not be changed in stock.
- Decrease – means the status will affect the inventory.
- Remove CC info – tick this check box in case you allow to remove credit card information automatically if an order has this status.*
- The Pay order again – tick this check box if you want to allow your customers to pay the order again if it was declined. In order to make this option work it is also necessary to:
- Go to the Administration tab;
- Open the Settings page;
- Go to the Users/cart section;
- Tick the Allow a customer to pay the order again in case the transaction was declined check-box.
- Invoice/Credit memo – determines the condition of the order after receiving this status. Choose one of the following options.
- Default - the default behavior as in CS-Cart version 2.0.x (an invoice ID is not generated);
- Invoice - the order has been paid and processed successfully (an invoice ID is generated);
- Credit memo - the order has been paid and processed, but then returned (a credit memo ID is generated);
- Order - the order has been placed, but not paid out;
- The Change gift certificate status to (is displayed in case the Gift certificates ad-don is active) option allows to change the gift certificate status depending on the status of the order. Choose one of the following options:
- Click on the Create button.
*Consider the fact that in case a realtime payment method is set up in CS-Cart, the Remove CC info option should be disabled for the Open status. When a customer clicks on the Place order button, the order is registered in your CS-Cart as Open and after that the necessary information is passed over to a server of the payment method. But if the mentioned option is enabled, the credit card information is passed over as XXXX, the error will occur.