How to set up promotions in CS-Cart
- Sign in the Administration panel.
- Open the tab Catalog.
- Follow the link Promotions.
- Click on the buttons at the right Add cart promotion or Add catalog promotion.*
- Fill in the information in the section General.**
*Catalog promotions are different discounts for products, which are displayed on the catalog pages. Cart promotions let you set up discounts on products and orders as well as grant coupons, free shipping and free products. Cart promotions are displayed on the Checkout pages.
**The Stop the other rules options stands for the way of applying the promotion. If this option is enabled, the promotions of the minor priority won't be applied. This option doesn't affect promotions which priority is higher of the created promotion. Option Stop the other rules influence only the promotions of the same type (cart promotions or catalog promotions) as the one you're creating.
- Open the tab Conditions.
- Click on the button Add condition.
- Choose the desired type of conditions in the opened window.
- Then choose the desired option.
- Enter the necessary price.
If you choose several conditions, you should choose the conditions rules for them. In the section Group at the left top side choose All/Any or True/False in option window “of these conditions are”.
- Open the tab Bonuses.
- Click on the button Add bonuses.
- Choose the necessary option in the opened select box.
- Choose the discount type. The following discount types are available:
- to percentage of the original price – this option will reduce your original price to the specified percentage;
- by percentage of the original price - this option will reduce your original price by the specified percentage;
- to fixed amount - this option will reduce your original price to a fixed amount;
- by fixed amount - this option will reduce your original price by a fixed amount.
- After that specify the desired cost in the opened window.
- Click on Create.