New idea - “Build your outfit” add-on
Notice! The first basic version of "Build your outfit" tool is ready! More details and demo are available here.
In this article, we would like to share our new idea for CS-Cart and Magento based online stores. Product designer add-on developed by our team gave us an inspiration to develop a new functional module – “Build your outfit” module. As far as we can see, it can be a great tool for online clothing store owners or owners-to-be.
According to our idea, the “Build your outfit” add-on will allow customers to make their own outfit online by putting together different clothes and accessories to get the desired look.
Our Product designer add-on functionality
Our Product designer add-on has already a basic functionality for "Build your outfit" module. It definitely needs some serious work to achieve our set goal but it's all possible to do.
Our Product designer screenshot
How "Build your outfit" will work?
We would like to show you some website examples which use a similar tool.
Wetseal is a popular online store. You may choose items which appeal to you, choose size, click "add to closet" and go to “My boutique” to create an outfit putting together your chosen items.
"My boutique" (www.wetseal.com)
Polyvore. It's a fashion community website where people can easily create outfits online by mixing and matching stuff from available gallery or by importing items from online clothes shops.
Outfit builder (www.polyvore.com/cgi/app)
So, according to our prior vision, a customer will be able to:
- choose clothes, shoes, accessories for building an outfit. Chosen items will be added to a virtual closet/fitting room;
- go to the closet and build an outfit by adding items to the empty area on the page. Mix and match things to create the perfect look;
- it will be possible to delete items, manipulate layers, see the price for a separate item and the total outfit price, add items to the shopping cart from the closet;
- save created outfit and send it to friend. This way you may get your friend's opinion or offer an outfit to your friend.
- it might be possible to upload images of your own clothing items and use them in building an outfit;
- it might be possible to upload your pic in full height (stand straight) and dress yourself up online;
- or it might be possible to dress up a model.
For example, popular brand online store H&M offers a Fashion studio virtual dressing room where customers can dress up a model in H&M clothes.
H&M Fashion studio (www.hm.com/us/dressingroom)
Why build your outfit?
It's a usual thing – girls have lots of clothes in a wardrobe, but they don't know what to put on this morning. And it's not a whim. It's really difficult to combine skirts, shirts, jeans, jackets, shoes which do not match each other. There is a good solution to avoid this problem - buy clothes online and build outfit every time using online outfit builder provided by an online shop. Hope you agree, it’s great to see what clothes will look like together before making a purchase.
Good news for online store owners or owners-to-be - there are too little online stores which offer such a great possibility for shoppers. So, you can make your store unique by adding "Build your outfit" functionality.
More good news – Alt-team would be glad to implement an outfit builder program for CS-Cart and Magento online stores selling apparel and accessories. We just need to hear your opinion about this tool.
- Do you think it's a good idea?
- Would you use such a tool?
- We would also appreciate your wishes about the features which can be included in “Build your outfit” module.
Please feel free to leave comments to this blog article.
Building an outfit online can actually become an interesting and helpful leisure activity for many people. It will help to choose right clothes and express yourself. Also, it can be entertaining to dress up your friend. Anyway, even if you can't buy all of your created outfits, you can feel like a fashion stylist.