Related products in CS-Cart shopping cart is a feature which allows administrator to assign Related products section to the product details page. So that when customer is looking through one product details page, he can see some other products which he also might be interested in.
You are able to attach one product or several (in this case they will change each other in one block).
In order to assign related products to some page, follow the instruction below.
- Sign in the administration panel;
- Open the Design tab;
- Go to the Blocks tab;
- Follow the Products link;
- Clicking on the Add block button will open the New block window;
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name - enter the name of the block (e.g. Buy now).
- Block content - in the drop-down list choose Products.
- Filling select – choose Manually in this drop-down list.
- Group – choose Product details page tabs.
- Position (for CS-Cart version 2.0.x) - choose the position in this select box.
- Appearance type – choose Multicolumns in this list.
- Click the Create button.
- After you created or changed the block, make sure it is displayed correctly as not all wrappers are suitable for a specific block type.
- Go to the created block;
- Follow the Manage products link;
- Click on the link or Edit button of the the necessary product;
- This will open product details page;
- Open the Blocks tab at the top of product editing page;
- Tick the check-box Enable for this page option for the newly created block;
- Click on the +Add products link on the right;
- This will open the window;
- Tick the check-box opposite to the necessary products;
- Click on the Add products and close button.
- Go to the customer's area;
- Open the product details page you've edited;
- Check if the assigned product is displayed in the created block.