The 'Google Sitemap' add-on
Due to the Google Sitemap add-on the XML site map is generated.
Site map has a range of advantages for your webstore:
- it allows Google (as well as other search engines) to index website easier;
- it allows search robots to index the website more effectively by defining the location of website pages, the last update time and its frequency.
This is especially important for big stores with a large number of pages.
In order to set up the Google Sitemap add-on:
- Sign in your administration panel;
- Open the Administration tab;
- Click on the Add-ons link;
- Find the Google Sitemap add-on in the list of add-ons;
- Change its status from Disabled to Active in the select box on the right – this will enable add-on;
- Click on the edit button of the add-on;
- Select the update frequency you need in the Update frequency: drop-down list;
- Select the priority you need in the Priority: drop-down list.
- Save the changes.
The options above can be set up for the following entries: Homepage settings, Products settings, Categories settings, Pages settings, News settings, Extended feature pages settings.
Please note that the All check boxes should be ticked off for the User groups: option on the settings page of these entries.